Monday 14 April 2008

The Dry Arrives



I do so love the first few weeks of the dry season in Darwin! There is still a bit of humidity in the air, the evenings are cool and the mornings almost border on cold - cold being around 18degrees. The skys are a beautiful clear blue colour and the gardens are still green from the wet. Best of all are the dragonflys that appear out of nowhere. Yesterday this beautiful creature landed on our balcony and let me photograph him.

The family are well. Georgia and Oscar returned to school after a week mid-semester break. Tiffanie has started a weeks work experience with one of the local hairdressers. Stuart is a happy chappy as he will be returning home at some ungodly hour Friday night.

I've always stated that I work better under pressure and it has really come to the fore in the past month. Between volunteer work with Georgia and Oscar's school, school council committments, community house committments, candle party committments and also work and family stuff, my schedule has been full! In my spare time, I am working on completing 3 photo albums, cleaning out the store room and sorting through the kids clothes ready for the Salvo's - they've all had growth spurts of late. At some stage I would love to get out to Chrissy's place for a ride - I haven't been on a horse now for about 6 years. Maybe I can fit that in after Anzac Day.

5 comments:

Rudy's Blog said...

Hello darling,

It's good that you also added 'updating blog' to list of things. When your list gets a bit shorter you can come down to our place and do some stuff around here too......hehehehehe.

Thanks for sending the photo of Tiff. Did I get a bung lot of photo's of the other kids or were the originals poor quality as well. It's a pity because they looked like they would have been great photo's.

I don't know if you saw your team Collingwood get thrashed by Carlton.....it was a big upset. Unfortunately I was on Collingwood in the McLeod tipping comp (as was the other 15 contestants) so it meant my score suffered.

Love ya

Dad

April's Blog said...

Hi Dad, are you proud of me? Trying to update on a more regular basis.

I am working on trying to get to sydney for a few days however, i have just registered for conference in Brisbane(PartyLite) in July so a sydney trip wn't be on the cards til I get my frequent flyer points up.

Didn't see the collywobbles play ..... don't know why, it seems I run out of time to watch tv. Maybe someone can make mine 26 hour days instead.........

love ya

Rudy's Blog said...

Hi April,

I have always been very proud of you. I love your outer strength which hides a soft loving inner soul. I love your sense of right and wrong and your inner drive to accomplish things. I love your sense of history and family. I could go on for a long time but I guess that you know what I mean.

Love ya lots

Dad

Unknown said...

Hi sweetheart,
Just thought I would let you know that I'm still in the land of the living and that I thoroughly enjoyed your blog and the photos you posted.
I'm still a ning-nong in the blog department so you will never find me in blogland.
Love you heaps and miss you more. If you come to the big smoke, I hope I get to see you too. That would be awesome and make my year. Loads of hugs and kisses to you all and especially my special girl (meaning you)
Tante Mads

April's Blog said...

Hi my beautiful Tante Mads, it was lovely to hear from you. Working on getting to the 'big smoke'. Maybe we can get down towards Christmas time - it's about time we had a family chrissy. Love you lots and you are often in my thoughts.